PACE of Northeast Indiana: Driver
Summary/Objective: The PACE Driver is responsible for the direct transportation of PACE participants to and from their destinations, including home, the PACE Center, medical providers, etc. Position requires constant interaction with PACE participants, caregivers, community agencies, medical providers and PACE program staff and leadership.
- Transport PACE participants to varied destinations timely, safely, and door-to-door
- Confirm that the PACE transportation vehicles are in proper working order, clean and safe. Update and keep all transportation maintenance records
- Assist passengers on and off the vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Demonstrate understanding of handling medical emergencies as well as the ability to work with various types of medical equipment.
- Follow established schedules and routes, with the flexibility to meet unanticipated changes, determine the safest and most efficient pick- up and delivery routes.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- At least one year experience in transporting individuals with disabilities and working with frail elders
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the State of Indiana, or be able to obtain a valid driver's license in the State of Indiana
- Must have a current Motor Vehicle Record with excellent driving record.
- Must submit to Level 2 background screening, drug testing and National Sex Offender Public Registry screening
- Lift up to 25 pounds and carry it 15 feet
- Push 200 pounds in a wheelchair
This position reports to PACE of Northeast Indiana located at 2927 Lake Avenue Fort Wayne, IN 46805. Please submit resume to email@example.com.