PACE of Northeast Indiana: Activity Coordinator
Summary/Objective: Under the administrative direction and supervision of Management the role plans, develops, implements and oversees recreational therapy services for program participants.
- Evaluates and implements creative, individualized, and therapeutic activities for participants care plans.
- Conducts an initial assessment and scheduled reassessment of all participants.
- Trains staff on new recreational therapy activities and programs.
- Plans and offers varied monthly programs and uses group and individual oriented interventions to maximize participants’ cognitive and functional abilities.
- Offers therapeutic activities daily for participants with special needs.
- Documents participant involvement in activities and revises care plans as needed.
- Actively participates in team discussions offering feedback, ideas, and suggestions both on a day-to-day basis and in staff meetings.
- Serves as a resource to staff and coordinates volunteer activities at the center.
- Bachelor's degree in therapeutic recreation or related field required
- 1-3 years of professional work experience with a minimum of one year experience working with the frail and elderly
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position reports to PACE of Northeast Indiana located at 2927 Lake Avenue Fort Wayne, IN 46805. Please submit resume to email@example.com.