Delivery Driver - Nutrition Program
Summary/Objective: Performs all activities related to delivery for homebound meal delivery route. Current need is to be a substitute driver with limited hours with opportunity for additional routes as substitute, or as routes become available. Route length varies; each route is approximately 6 hours between the hours of 7:00am and 4:00pm.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES DRIVING A SMALL or MEDIUM SIZED TRUCK WITH REFRIGERATED UNIT INSTALLED - MUST BE ABLE TO BACK-UP VEHICLE USING SIDE MIRRORS.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities Homebound Meal Service
- Load company-owned vehicle per daily route sheet requirements
- Make route sequence changes as needed utilizing company-owned GPS system
- Deliver approved food product to qualified participants within reasonable timeframe
- Deliver meals without assistance, in all weather conditions, to dining sites and client; dwellings may not be easily accessible, may require ascending & descending steps or flights of stairs, and may require navigating extended distances inside or outside
- Accurately document all meals delivered and return paperwork daily
Preferred Education and Experience: Three years or more of professional delivery driving experience using company-owned trucks/vehicles.
Required Education and Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three years or more experience and/or training in similar position; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Driving record must meet requirements of company insurer to operate company-owned vehicle. Additional Eligibility Requirements Must possess and provide annually valid drivers license and documentation of current automobile insurance at agency-specified levels. Must provide negative TB certificate annually. Physical Demands Items to be loaded, lifted, moved may be 50 pounds frequently, and up to 60 to 75 pounds occasionally.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- delivery driver: 1 year (Preferred)
- commercial driving: 1 year (Preferred)